Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OK. I Take It Back.

Sedum reflexum 'Blue Spruce'

Yeah, I'll admit it.  I fantasized about deposing the dictator from this container on the deck.  The blue spruce sedum spreads a little too exuberantly for my delicate tastes.  Like a drunk, overweight subway passenger the sedum obnoxiously leans on the other plants in this container, blocking the sunlight.  To maintain it, I periodically pull handfuls of it and throw it over the deck, where it sometimes roots.  Planted in the ground, the sedum seems in control, making an excellent groundcover.  In the dry, raised environment of the hypertufa, however, it veers towards being out of control.

BUT, (yes, a big "but") it has its moment when it flowers and I forgive it...for this week at least.

1 comment:

  1. Bullies will be bullies! I love sedums, too, and do the same thing. When they get too big for where i wanted them, I just pull up 50% and nove them. Thisis gorgeousl, tho. And not one I already have.

    ReplyDelete