I've had the last three new hypertufa troughs that I cast on November 2nd sealed in plastic, curing in the basement for a month. I took them into the basement to keep the temperature steady, but I usually cure them under the deck. The two rectangular footed troughs are part of an order of four that I'll deliver in early December. The troughs behind are the rotating display of troughs, my little still life, in front of the garage, where I can see them from the kitchen and the second floor.
This last trough, a footed round one, I cast for myself. I made a few of this style earlier this year, but have sold all of them. I wanted one for myself, so I used up the last of the Portland cement (it goes bad if it sits) to make one.
(Yes, that's a plastic bucket covering a new dwarf conifer in the trough in the background. It's the first winter that I've had this one and I'm worried about snow load on its upright branches.)
I picked up an ilex verticillata 'Red Sprite' at an end-of-the-season sale at Terrain last month. It's destined for a life in a container, at least for a few years. I already grow the female 'Spriber' and the male 'Jim Dandy' in large hypertufa troughs in the driveway. 'Red Sprite' is also pollinated by 'Jim Dandy', so I'll keep her nearby. Even though this shrub is a dwarf, this trough is probably too small to last a year. At the very least, the hypertufa will help protect it during the coming winter.
It's too cold now to cast any more troughs in the garage. I'm taking a break for the winter.