It's too cold in the winter to cast hypertufa, or to work for long in my unheated wood shop, so I end up working on things at the kitchen table. We recently bought a new bedroom set for the master bedroom and I felt like we needed a new bracket shelf too. I started this one with 1x8"pine, some leftover molding, pink rigid foam, and Apoxy clay. It felt good to work on something for a change. Cabin fever drives me crazy.
I chose a sort of Gothic oak leaf pattern, but made it up as I went along. It took about 4 hours to do the floral modeling.
I painted it with an acrylic primer and hung it up in the bedroom so my wife and I could think about a finish for it. The shelf will be a pedestal for vases of flowers and various sculptures throughout the year, so I don't want anything too attention-grabbing.
I think that we've settled on a light slate paint color...or maybe a linen color...or maybe silver leaf.
We'll just enjoy it in the meantime.