Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Lovelies

A gorgeous hellebore that our wonderful neighbor Ray gave us four years ago.  It's a beautiful thing right now.  Since it's in the front of the house I get to see it coming and going during the day.  I suspect that Ray has some regret that he gave me such a nice selection.  I'm pretty sure that he grew it from seed.  It's a good-sized clump now and could be divided.  Maybe I'll give him a chunk back...

Snowdrops (galanthus elwesii), but no snow... 

Arnold Promise witch hazel.  I always think of this shrub as being the opening act of the gardening season.  It's about a month earlier than normal.  Kind of scary...

1 comment:

  1. Your hellebore is lovely. The great news is that it will set MANY seedlings, so you can have lots more and give plenty away. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete