Monday, August 15, 2016

Almost Too Hot to Blog Edition

Back from a week at the beach we find it's too hot to do damn near anything in the garden, but hey, that young crepe myrtle looks so nice backlit by the morning sun...and I love those white orbs of the rattlesnake master floating on the right.

Before I retreated to the (relative) coolness of the house, I unwrapped the last three hypertufa containers that I made 4 or 5 weeks ago.  They are the darker ones in front in the above photo.

If it doesn't cool off I'll be researching 'dwarf tropicals' to plant in them!

2 comments:

  1. I love those Hypertufa pots you made. How did you achieve the rough surface?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the troughs are all scrubbed with a wire brush the first day that they come out of the mold, which is one or two days after I cast them, depending on the mold.

    ReplyDelete