Sunday, September 13, 2015

Round Troughs

About a month ago, I cast a pair of these 16"w x 9"h troughs for my friend Noel.  The 2"h feet are separate, of course.

The troughs are cast around a 12"w x 7"h piece of sonotube filled with sand.  I cast them upside-down.

I used the hammer drill to make some drainage holes once they were cured.

And yes, it rained a couple inches this week and cooled off about 10 degrees.  
I cast a couple more large troughs yesterday and planted some mums in the garden today.  I'm back!



2 comments:

  1. isn't early fall wonderful? so much more energy than the last days of summer. the troughs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you make the feet separate? I would just think you add it on after they come out of the mold? I’ve never done this but want to soooo bad when the weather starts to warm up! Thank you so much for all of your amazing work and information.

    ReplyDelete