Sunday, June 14, 2015

Wall of Troughs

This photo shows about a fourth of the troughs that I have in the yard.  These are in the driveway, along the north side of the fence, so they get a little afternoon shade.  The yew, kolkwitzia and hollies are planted in larger hypertufa planters.  Most of the smaller troughs have alpines in them, but there are a few tender succulents and annuals in the photo too.

My brother is visiting for the first time in 9 years and his first comment upon walking into the garden was 'How the hell are you going to get out of here when you move?'

We don't have any plans to move within the next year or two, although we don't plan on staying here much longer. I must admit that moving is always in the back of my mind when I plant a new trough for myself.  When the time comes, I hope it's an orderly evacuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment