Sunday, November 24, 2013

Late November Color


Kind of a memento mori for the miscanthus...staring at the compost heap, knowing it will join it in the spring?

 This combo of calamagrostis brachytricha and cotoneaster franchetii keeps on giving.

Oak leaf hydrangeas carry on with business despite being planted under a huge maple with greedy roots.

More of that cotoneaster, mmmm....

Angelina sedum

Lonicera foliage and one of the last blooms


The hellebore nursery under a hydrangea contains seedlings from my favorite purple hellebore.  They need 2-3 more years to bloom.

Arum italicum 

 The last rose?

I have troughs in the basement, sealed in plastic, fully cured and ready to come outside, but I couldn't bring myself to put them out tonight for the predicted 17 degrees.  They can wait.  After all, it's winter.  I need to learn to wait again.



No comments:

Post a Comment