Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Mash-Up

It shouldn't work, but it does: yellow narcissus, white arabis, pink arabis, purple iris...I never planned on all of these blooming at once...but I kind of like the exuberance.

This is a short rock wall that I built around the small bog we dug in the back garden.  The native columbines seem to love it.  This little vignette is a distillation of a crumbling roadside cliff about a mile from here.  It's the same type of rock, and blooms orange with columbines this time of year.  I'm worried that I'll crash into it one day as I gawk at the columbines in bloom.  My little garden example can't compare, but it still satisfies because it reminds me of the inspiration.


Tasteful fothergilla

Daphne x burkwoodii 'Carol Mackie".  So yummy this time of year.

Rain please????

1 comment:

  1. We got a nice drink yesterday - hope you will get some today. Your garden is looking lovely. What's with narcissus and iris at the same time? huh?

    ReplyDelete